Beating the Odds
The numbers were stacked against me from the beginning. Statistics say that I shouldn’t have overcome a childhood in poverty with drug-addicted parents. I shouldn’t have graduated from an Ivy League university, not once but twice. I shouldn’t have healed from multiple miscarriages, dysfunctional relationships, and a home foreclosure.
But I beat the odds at every single turn and didn’t let the dysfunctional patterns in my life rule me. I was able to turn home foreclosure into home ownership, divorce into relationship renewal, and infertility into motherhood. I guide other women to transform their dysfunctional patterns in relationships, finances, and life by using my life coach skills coupled with my 15-year professional background as an education coach, leader, and strategist.
- Author, Pieces of Her novel debuted in the top 100 African Lesbian and Gay Amazon Kindle books
- Staff writer, Elixher Magazine
- Founding board member for, The National Association of Creative Entrepreneurs and Lady Entrepreneurs and Professionals
- Featured Artist, Creative Spotlights hosted by The National Association of Creative Entrepreneurs
- Presenter, Feed Your Soul and Grow Your Goals hosted by Ask Coach Gwen
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, Barnard College of Columbia University
- Master of Arts in Leadership, Policy, and Politics, Teachers College of Columbia University
- Over 15 years in professional coaching, leadership, and strategic planning